Saturday, December 17, 2011

Where I have been

So I realize that I have been horrible at updating this blog. After my last tournament I took a little break and just competed at an in-house tournament where I broke my middle finger on my right hand. It was a pretty serious injury for me. Although it didnt keep me from training, it took away a lot of my game since I pretty much didnt have a right handed grip for a couple of months.


Professor Marra and Gustavo


Fast forward a couple months and my finger was mostly healed. I then started training for the Abu Dhabi Pro Trials which was being held in my town. About 3 months before the tournament I started incorporating weight training and cardio to my training approximately 4 times a week. I hadn't lifted weights in 3 years so I saw a noticible difference in just one month. The extra training in the morning helped my overall jiu jitsu. Although, I know strength and endurance won't improve your technique, it give you more time to concentrate on it during class since you are able to think better while rolling.

I ended up placing 1st in my division and 2nd in the open weight class. I will go more into detail in my next post, where I will specifically talk about the tournament.

No comments:

Post a Comment