Saturday, May 28, 2011

Gracie Grappling Cup

I guess all that hard work in Colorado Springs paid off. I took 1st today at the Gracie Grappling Cup in my division. I was lucky that it was held in my town, unfortunately my division was small and I only had two matches.

First match, my opponent pulled guard, I passed one leg and started working to pass his deep half guard. he swept me but I managed to catch his arm in a straight armbar. I, as well as the ref and crowd saw him tap but he claimed he didn't. After about a minute of complaining the ref asked if I wouldn't mind continuing with the remaining time. I said sure. We went about another minute and I caught him in a super duper choke. (modified loop choke)

Second match, my opponent went for a single leg and took me down. I played open guard and caught him in a super duper about 30 seconds in. My wife was able to video tape about 20 seconds in. Heres the video.

Overall I felt great. I wish I had more matches just to see how well my cardio actually was but I am happy with the results.

No comments:

Post a Comment