Friday, May 27, 2011

Bad Luck

It never fails. I always have bad luck right before a tournament. I guess it was partially my fault though. I jammed my finger on Monday so I have been taking it easy in practice and have been just rolling to keep my cardio up. Last night was my last night in Colorado so I rolled with a few people. One was a 250 lbs purple belt. We were initially rolling at a good pace and I ended up catching him in a straight armbar, which seemed to piss him off. When we continued rolling he all of a sudden started going harder and grabbed by foot for a toe hold. He turned to the right and put his weight into it and there was a loud pop. Now my foot feels sprained 2 days before the tournament. I still plan on competing though. I just feel like those 2 weeks of hard training might have gone to waste. Hopefully I feel better tomorrow.

On top of that, I just got home today. My wife and her friend went to grab something to eat but my wife forgot that my car was parked in the driveway when she backed up. Here is the result.

I think my deductable is $500. sucks pretty bad.

1 comment:

  1. Hey dude, nice blog.

    Next time you're in town (CS) you should come by Lone Star BJJ. I think you will be impressed by Lee Douglas and his students.

    A 250 lb purple belt shouldn't have to resort to toe holds to get the tap.

    ReplyDelete