Tuesday, May 17, 2011

The Intro

Hi, my name is Shon and I'm a Jiu Jitsuholic. I am currently a Brazilian Jiu Jitsu blue belt and recently started training at Marra Senki in San Antonio, Texas. I say recently because I moved to Texas from Florida two and a half months ago.


I actually first started BJJ in Florida under Michael Donvito, who I received by blue belt from. After his gym shut down, I began training at Capitao Jiu Jitsu in Fort Walton Beach, Florida under two Master De La Riva black belts, Danny Ruiz and Daniel Silva. Prior to this, most of my BJJ experience was without the Gi. It was Daniel and Danny that made me really love the gi and with their coaching I was able to vastly improve my game.


I will go further into detail on these schools later, but for now, this is my brief introduction. With my new job I will be traveling a lot so I figured this would be a good forum to talk about my travels as well as the different gyms I train at. Hope you enjoy.

No comments:

Post a Comment