Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Manitou Incline

I have been wanting to go to the Manitou Incline since I got to Colorado, so, I finally decided the best time to do it was on Saturday after a 2 hour long practice. Probably won't do that again. Just to give you a little idea of what the incline is, it is an old one mile long railway that was used a long time ago to bring people and materials up for construction. The bottom of the incline is already at 6,600 ft and the top is at 8,600 ft.
I ended up parking about 15 min away from the bottom of the incline so by the time I reached it, my legs were already burning.

Finally made it to the top. took 52 minutes. The excitement was shortlived though because I remembered that I still had to make my long journey back down. My legs were so shakey on the way down that I had to cut onto the trail halfway down and jogged the rest of the way. Only reason I jogged was to keep the momentum going since I couldnt feel my legs. Overall it was a good workout and I came back to my room and passed out at 7:30pm.

1 comment:

  1. Crazy...I remember making that mistake on the Great Wall years ago.

    Great blog!

    ReplyDelete